CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Clarification

I suppose I need to clarify the meaning of my previous post in response to what I have been hearing and reading from friends and family members.

Craig and I agreed to post the previous post merely because we found it unjust to give credit to a person who, first of all, doesn't even feel they deserve this award, and second of all, hasn't even come close to completing the things he was awarded for. Interestingly enough, he knows he won't be able to complete these things within his lifetime.

That being said, we would like ALL to know that we, in no way, have any ill feelings toward our elected president, President Obama, nor the Democratic party. We would also like to point out that we do not take political sides but choose our elected officials based on what we feel is the best course for the country. We feel it is silly and ignorant on both sides to make the fact that President Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize into some kind of political war between political parties. In fact that was the opposite of what we were trying to accomplish in our previous post.

"United we stand, divided we fall."- Patrick Henry



2 comments:

Sandy said...

I have to say that I, too, am not upset because of any parties involved. It's more right vs. wrong. The Nobel Peace Prize means very little to me now, as they have made it into something political. The fact that Castro is excited that Obama received this speaks volumes to me. I believe the Nobel Peace Prize should be based on actions, not promises and words. You need to walk the walk, not just talk the talk. :) Thanks, I'll get off my soap box now!

Paulsen Healey said...

Very nice. I have similar complaints. I love you guys! We pray that our President makes the right decisions, and that other leaders of our country all represent the people in the best way they can.