CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon

Yes, I know, I saw it. Saturday morning to be specific and yes, to answer your question, the theater was full even on Saturday morning. I do allow that it is better than the first one. It was easy to see that the new director actually knew what he was doing.

The graphics were decent and they did a good job hitting all the important points of the book and leaving out irrelevant dramas within the plot. I do have to admit that the wig they have the guy playing Aro wearing looks a little like Antonio Banderas' wig in Interview with a Vampire. If you've seen the movie...you know what I'm talking about. :) Also, the dialog was a little cheesy and I distinctly remember looking away from the screen because I was embarrassed by what they were saying and doing. But never fret, I need to learn my lesson eventually because the next few movies will be INFINITELY more cheesy and "embarrassing" to me.

OH! And the physical difference between Jacob and Edward is PAINFULLY obvious. It's really sad once you see Edward with his shirt off after looking at Jacob with his shirt off the entire movie. Anyways. I can't really suggest whether to rent it, skip it, or watch it because it focuses on such a specific audience.

And finally, I wouldn't be doing this post justice if I didn't exclaim how Twilight fans crack me up. I think that was one of the highlights about the movie was all their squeals and and coos of joy. Love it.




1 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh you nerdy twilight fans... aren't they delightful? well.. MOST of the time anyway... if they aren't being absurdly annoying. HAH... it was fun though wasn't it? it's like... guys have action flicks with no plot and bad dialog... and girls have the same but Dramas instead. mmm.. jacob. he was so great in this movie... i mean... his acting wasn't.. but his character was so much more real.. edward is just too gloomy. it's obnoxious. k.. i'm sorry.. i took this comment too far. now i look like a twilight fan. damn it.