CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Healy Pass

Ok I KNOW it's been a while and now I'm trying to play catch up. So in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day (yes...i know...late, late, late...) I want to share a little patch of beauty involving my Irish ancestors. Healy pass...yes I know it's not spelled the same as my maiden name but the interesting thing about Healy pass is it goes in between two county's in Ireland. Cork County; where the people who spell their names without the "e" (i.e. Healy) lived and Kerry County; where my ancestors lived spelling their name "Healey". In short it separates Cork county (Healy) and Kerry County (Healey). So here's Healy Pass in Kerry County, Ireland! Enjoy!




2 comments:

Lindsay said...

woot woot!! go healy's!! haha

isn't it sad how us american's cling on to any bit of culture we have in our backgrounds.. pathetic really. HAH :)

Angela said...

haha! I think it makes me feel like a well rounded person...and a little more exotic than I really am...HA! And you spelled it wrong...my last name is Healey...GET IT RIGHT, LINDSAY!!! :D