CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 30, 2012

The Breakup Artist by Shannen Crane Camp

So a friend of mine wrote a book and got it published! She's always been a talented writer and is working on a couple more books including a series. I got this book for Christmas from my brother because he wanted to support her too. I finally sat down and read it before school started and it was fun! Definitely meant for a younger audience, but I enjoyed the adolescence and most especially her character development. She does a fantastic job developing her protagonist and helping the reader see through her eyes. I enjoyed it and if you're looking for a quick read, take a look. Her book is sold through Barnes and Nobles and Amazon.

Here is what the back of the book says:

"Breaking up with someone is a major pain-unless you hire someone to do it for you. Known by her clients as 'The High School Heartbreaker,' Amelia Marie Bedford is the perfect picture of a social chameleon and the number one breakup artist in multiple schools. She demands top dollar for her professional breakup services, and there are more than enough girls willing to pay, especially right before Prom.

Everything's business as usual until David, one of the boys she's been hired to dump, throws her for a loop by showing genuine interest in something other than her looks. With clients piling up, Amelia must decide if David's intentions are honest, or if there's something else going on behind his gorgeous green eyes."

Its quirky and fun and definitely cheesy. She worked hard on it and I am so proud of her for getting published. It's a fantastic accomplishment and I can't wait to see what else she does.




She even signed my book for me!






0 comments: