CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Daily Entertainment

I couldn't help but notice that since I've been home and not at school or working, my daily routine has been contributing to the downfall of our society. It usually consists of multiple movies, endless television series, and many trips to the pantry/refrigerator in hopes that snacks would magically appear. Why is that the first response for the general public when boredom knocks at our door? Don't get me wrong, It's nice to have some mindless indulgence every once and a while, however, It just made me sick thinking of all the movies i've seen and all the television shows i'm caught up on. There must be a half way point. According to the A.C. Nielsen Co., the average American watches more than 4 hours of TV a day or 28 hours a week. That's more television than time devoted to a part time job. Whatever happened to reading, expanding our minds, enjoying the outdoors no matter what the weather, spending time with our children rather then sticking them in front of the television? Looking through my book shelf I found there were many books I'd like to revisit. The weather isn't like California here, but I'm pretty sure they made jackets for a reason. I just keep kicking myself for allowing this to happen. There is such a wider world out there and I need to take advantage of it. Carpe diem. It's time to seize the day!

1 comments: