CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

It's finally here. We were finally able to find time to see the sixth installment of the Harry Potter movies. First of all I would like to point out that I learned a long time ago not to go into the Harry Potter movies expecting it to be like the books. If I did that, I would not enjoy them. Although I do have to say that this one did an excellent job accomplishing what it did working with such a long book. I can actually say that I'm glad they didn't get into as much detail as the movie seemed to take long enough. I think those that are fans of the books got what they want, and those that have never read the books got a great movie.

Another thing I thoroughly enjoyed and have seen improve is the acting. Danial Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson have definitely improved their acting since the first Harry Potter movie. And as they should seeing as they are working with Britain's finest string of actors and actresses (i.e. Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Jim Broadbent, Dame Maggie Smith, and many others).

Now, like all movies, I don't find it perfect. There were a few things I thought were a little silly, but then I remember that I was surrounded by children when I saw the movie so I'm sure it was entertaining to them. I do think that this is the best installment of Harry Potter yet and can't wait to see then next two.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

we saw it today.... it was a little long for my taste, but it was good. i've never read that book, i stopped at the 4th but we went to costco and bought all of them so we can now read them from the beginning. =)

Paulsen Healey said...

I agree their acting is much improved, but I think they rushed through so much, by the end (dumbledores death) was very anti-climatic. But, I am holding the next movie at a higher bar. Breaking it into 2 parts will definatly improve things!