CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Darci Lynn Dell

Born Thursday August 18th, 2011 in Mountainview Hospital in Payson, UT at around 12:30 in the afternoon. It really was a "slam bam thank ya ma'am" sort of a situation.

Our story begins the Tuesday before she was born when we went to our doctor's appointment and he informed us that everything is coming along well and since I did so well with the induction drug last time he would be willing to induce me on Thursday. Craig and I decided that was a pretty good idea since timing was everything for us. We were packing and trying to get into our current apartment as well as wanted to give our friends enough warning so they could come down and babysit Lucas while we went to the hospital. It was very surreal that we were going to have a baby in two days and we had lots to do before she came. We didn't tell any of our family until the morning of so we could surprise them with when it was happening which was also nice because then we didn't get a bunch of texts the few days before hand that we had together just the three of us.

So Thursday morning came and we headed to the hospital around 7:00 and got everything started by 8:00. Dr. Nance came in and broke my water, started me on all the things I needed going into my arm and called in the epidural. I would like to add that our nurse was really nice with a good sense of humor (she would need it dealing with us), however, she had only started lines a couple of times before me so she wasn't very good at finding veins and placing the line. So after two EXTREMELY painful attempts that left two gnarly bruises on my arms for a few weeks she got the nurse that was more experienced to do it and it was done fairly pain-free in under a minute. Yippee. Needless to say, after the epidural was in, my thrashed veins were the only things that hurt during labor. So the epidural was in and an hour later Dr. Nance said Darci was on her way. Within maybe ten minutes, Darci was out sassing the doctor and nurses.

It was, again, all very surreal. We just couldn't believe how fast it all happened. But we love her and are so happy she is here. She's my precocious, brainy little girl.


They call me Big Girl


Ok so we HAD to have banana cream pie the night before having Darci because that was the last thing my mom had before she had me and we wanted to make a tradition out of it.


A very happy and confused little girl....


...that loves to sleep...


...and hang out with her brother.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

oh my gosh.. we have TWO kids!??!?! how the hell? we're like oFFICIALLY a family. weird. and kinda freakin' wonderful. i love our kiddos.

Sandy said...

i love her, and am so happy she is here. i love lucas too, he makes me smile...a lot.